the guide to comics #31
(by Henry T. Colonna III)
This is definitely one of the most interesting Bisley interviews, and one of the most "in-depth" too. 6 whole pages in probably the most important magazine about comics (note: Gareb Shamus, owner of Wizard, owns some cool Biz original art hanging in his office), that's a "must-have" for fans. There's another version of this issue, with a Lobo cover by... Glenn Fabry, as far as I remember.
- Main topic: Melting Pot and Lobo.
- Other topics: Kevin Eastman, work-for-hire jobs, violence in comics, editors, trading cards, his influences, him influencing artists, his technique, the Weapon Lord video game...
INTERVIEW #101 (1991)
(by Peter Sanderson)
Very interesting one also, with a long discussion about Judge Dredd, Batman, and Judge Death as characters, and good questions, maybe a little too focused on the Batman/Dredd book.
- Main topic: Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgment On Gotham
- Other topics: Death (in general...), New York, Lobo, what he likes to do, his work,...
- Quote: "Ideally, what I'd like is just to do painted covers. Because I can make $1500 on a cover, to do the same I'd have to do an entire episode of Lobo"
1990 annual special
(by Xavier Hannart)
Sorry English-speaking folks, this one is in French ! This is actually the first interview Biz did, as far as I know. He's not famous at all at the moment, and has only done two major works in England (ABC Warriors and Slaine). The interview is great anyway.
- Main topic: Slaine, the horned God
- Other topics: writers, his technique on Slaine, Heroic Fantasy, ...
& GRAFFIX GALLERY (1995)
(by Steve Ringgenberg)
This long interview is available on this website, just follow the link : http://www.comic-art.com/~herriman/intervws/bisleyi.htm
If you happen to notice that the link is "dead", just send me a message and I'll have it available online. This is a great, long interview, very interesting.
- Main topic : Death Dealer #1 (Verotik Comics)
- Other topics : His biography, the way he works, his influences, Frank Frazetta, ...
- Quote : [about the size of paper he uses] "I'm working much, much bigger these days just because when I sell it, it'll be worth more... "